Our mission is to educate children in the rhythms of Jewish life, to connect to the Temple Israel community and to contribute to creating a just world.
The theme for the 2023-2024 year is
“The Many Different Kinds of Joy!”
This year, through our classes and holiday celebrations, we will learn about The Many Different Kinds of Joy we experience and learn about in our Jewish texts. Simcha, or joy or happiness, is an essential part of our lives as humans and as Jews. Many of our Jewish holiday’s traditions embrace the multi-faceted nature of joy, sometimes even in the face of pain.
- What are the different joys you feel?
- When do we have words for those feelings?
- What about the times when we don’t feel joy?
- Is the joy we feel today like the joy our ancestors felt in years before when they wrote the Talmud or the Torah?
- How can we practice being joyful?
- How can we share our joy?
This year we will host a number of offerings for kids of all ages including performances, Shabbat meals, holiday celebrations, and take-home art bags. For kids ages 6 to adult, we will also offer Hebrew language classes on Sunday mornings.
We send a semi-weekly newsletter to families with information about upcoming events, classes and more. If you would like to receive the newsletter, email Alyssa at alyssa[at]templeisraelgreenfield.org.